Outline and Educational Policy/Objectives
- Educational Policy and Objectives
- Admission Policy
- Postgraduate Degree Courses
- Completion Requirements of Doctor Course
Educational Policy and Objectives
Education and Research Policy
The fundamental policy of education and research is to contribute to human health recovery and health promotion by returning our educational and research outcomes to the society of mankind, disseminating the outcomes to the world and establishing an infrastructure of health science as a study.
Our educational objectives are:
- Educate medical professionals in clinical research and medical management Educate capable persons to be future medical managers who have initiative and leadership. To conduct clinical research in medical facilities and communities in the area of health sciences, with advanced professional knowledge and techniques as a medical professional.
- Nurture health science researchers who are able to develop a study area of health science Nurture capable persons to be researchers who have a unique point of view to conduct health science researches at research facilities such as a university or company, and disseminate the outcome to the world to establish and develop an infrastructure in each specific study area.
- Encourage future faculty members to pass on academic outcomes of health science Encourage capable persons to be educators who are able to direct advanced professional knowledge and skills at Undergraduate level or Postgraduate level and other tertiary education to develop a study area of health science.
Admission policy of the Graduate School of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University
- The graduate school of health sciences accepts students from all over the world, regardless of nationality, culture or creed, aiming to advance medical technology science and to achieve academic advancement through coordination among different fields of study.
- We are looking for new students who possess the willingness to learn, academic ability, creativity, morality and leadership skills in order to achieve our educational policy and objectives.
Postgraduate Degree Courses
Doctor Course of Health Sciences
This course promotes medical administrators, researchers, and educators, who are able to inherit advanced professional knowledge and techniques, and contribute to the establishment and development of health sciences as an area of study by disseminating the outcome to the world and using initiative and leadership. Independently pursuing research problems with a new and unique point of view, tackling problems in health science, medical, and undeveloped fields of study in advanced medicine which is changing rapidly.
Considering the educational background and career path after graduation etc. of candidates, in order to facilitate completion of the course alongside the educational purposes, this course has two courses which can be chosen from: Health science and Nursing.
1. Health science courses
This course aims to develop persons such as medical professionals with a master degree/ and people who have completed a master degree that is related to health sciences (nutritional science, physical education etc.).
- For clinical radiologists and laboratory specialists, to foster research and management leaders in advanced radiology diagnosis, treatment, second generation image diagnosis, and clinical examination
- For physiotherapists and occupational therapists, to foster researchers and medical administrators in advanced research and technology development, in rehabilitation science
- For all medical professionals, to foster researchers who engage in innovative clinical research, or fundamental research in health promotion and maintenance
- For nutritionists and health exercise instructors etc., to foster researchers who develop research through the specialized application of medicine and health science
- In undergraduate and postgraduate education in relation to health science and related fields of study, to foster educators who are able to instruct advanced professional knowledge and skills and assimilate health science academically
This course aims to develop capable persons who creatively contribute to the development of nursing, developing theories based on evidence and organization of nursing science who are able to respond to diversity and complication of medical-nursing.
- To foster nurse managers who are expected to manage in health care and welfare facilities such as hospitals
- To foster nurse managers in government and health organizations which conduct policy-making in relation to community health, medicine, and nursing
- To foster educators who instruct advanced professional knowledge and skills at bachelor level and postgraduate level of nursing science
- To foster researchers who conduct creative researches in nursing science at bachelor level, and postgraduate level of nursing science, and associated research institutions
Completion Requirements of Doctor Course
Completion of more than 12 units including at least 1 from any department and at least 2 from either health science or nursing departments. Furthermore completion of a PhD thesis and passing of our final exam.
Persons who complete this course receive a doctor degree of health science or nursing, according to our degree regulations.