- Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
|Natural Products and Drug Discovery, Chemical Biology, Lipid droplets, Metabolomics, Biologically active substances, Functional foods.
Subject of Research
|1) Uncovering new bioactive secondary metabolites using advanced NMR and LC-MS techniques.
2) Study of dietary bioactive compounds in the prevention of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)/non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)-associated Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
3) Investigation on chemo-biological interaction of lipid droplet accumulation inhibitors and natural anticancer agents.
4) Discovery of anti-austerity agents from different origins.
|1) I am searching for natural bioactive substances to regulate lipid droplet accumulation (LDA) and oxidized lipid droplets (oxLDs) in hepatocytes and identify specific lipid signatures under LDA and oxLDs conditions using our unique LC-MS quantification and imaging approaches.
Intracellular accumulation of lipid droplets in the liver is the initial stage of NAFLD. NASH is the more progressive form of NAFLD. Early, effective, and safe prevention and management of NAFLD/NASH are urgently needed. Thus, natural bioactive products with lipid-droplet-accumulation inhibition activity are emerging as alternatives aiming to prevent and manage NAFLD/NASH-HCC and obesity associated with NAFLD.
2) I am exploring a new generation of anti-cancer agents by utilizing the austerity strategy (discovery of agents that inhibit the cancer cells tolerance to nutrition starvation) and studying the metabolic alteration occurring during rich and starvation conditions on pancreatic cancer cells using NMR and MS approaches.
In pancreatic cancer, symptoms are subtle and nonspecific, which causes cancer to advance without being detected, early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is lifesaving. The discovery of metabolomics anti-austerity biomarkers in pancreatic cancer can also be useful in establishing a specific diagnosis. Metabolomics/lipidomics study in rich and nutrient deprived conditions could reveal novel cancer biomarkers that might expand our current understanding of pancreatic cancer.
Message for Examinees
|The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. The ability to believe in yourself can change your life.... So, believe in yourself and boost your self-confidence.
Website of My Labo
- Master Course
- Doctor Course
Fundamental Nursing / Comprehensive Development Nursing / Biomedical Science and Engineering / Medical Laboratory Science / Rehabilitation Science / Health Sciences and Technology / Center / Endowed Chair and Funded Research / Faculty Assigned