Recruitment of Assistant Professor (Biochemistry/Cell biology and/or Analytical chemistry) in Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University (Over)
Recruitment of Assistant Professor (Biochemistry/Cell biology and/or Analytical chemistry) in Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University
We invite applications for the position of Assistant Professor, in Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University as follows.
(The term of contract is 2 years.)
– Faculty of Health Sciences.
– To join in the Laboratory for Advanced Lipid Analysis (directed by Professor Shu-Ping Hui, M.D., Ph.D.) of the Health Innovation and Technology Center.
- Research Field
(1) Biochemistry/Cell biology
(2) Analytical chemistry including liquid chromatography mass spectrometry
(1) Ph.D. at the time of appointment
(2) Outstanding achievements and publications in the research field
(3) Ability to give both the lectures and practices in the graduate and undergraduate courses
(4) Strong motivation for education, research and other duties related to the management of the Faculty of Health Sciences
(5) Due to smoothly advance both education and research, sufficient communication skill in Japanese language
- Desired Start Date
January 1, 2019 or later
- Probation Period
The probation period is three months.
The salary will be determined in accordance with the regulations of Hokkaido University.
- Working Form
Discretionary labor system for professional work
*The working hours for a day is deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes.
- Health Insurance
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
Mutual Aid Association, Employees Pension, Workers’ Accident
Compensation Insurance and Employment Insurance
- Name of Recruiting Institution
- Application materials
(1) Curriculum Vitae
*Free format with an attached photo taken within six months, academic history, degree, qualifications, record of awards and work history.
*Applicant who has been employed by Hokkaido University from April 1, 2013 (any position, including Part-time Lecture, TA, TF, RA and Short-term Support Assistant, etc.) should provide full details of your employment history.
(2) List of publications
(3) Summary of past and current research (about 1,000 words)
(4) Five copies of major publications (maximum 5 papers)
(5) Statement of research and education goals upon appointment
(about 1,000 words)
(6) A list of two references (including the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses)
- Application Deadline
August 31, 2018 (JST)
*The deadline must be strictly observed.
Prof. Takeshi Saito, Dean
Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University
Kita-12 Nishi-5, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060-0812, Japan
*Application materials must be submitted by registered mail with
“Application for Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Health Sciences (89)” in red ink on the surface of the envelope.
*The documents once submitted will not be returned.
Personal information will be exclusively used for the screening.
Please keep in mind no transportation fee is paid in case of an interview.
At Hokkaido University, we are actively promoting both education and research activities while relying on diverse human resources and gender equality. Therefore, we explicitly invite women qualified in research field to apply. We are also actively supporting a satisfying work-life-balance and are thus creating ideal environments for people to reach their full potentials.